Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 14:

Day 14: A picture of you last year – how have you changed?


That was me about this time last year. Raedyn was only a few weeks old and I was exhilarated and exhausted at the same time. Part of me felt like I might never get the hang of motherhood. I put a lot of pressure on myself to "do it all." Even though people always tell you "sleep when the baby sleeps" I felt like I was being lazy or a slob if I left a few dishes in the sink. I wondered if I would ever feel like myself again.

Now, I'm still exhausted more than I'd like but I've stopped being so hard on myself. As conceited as it may sound, I feel like I'm a pretty good mom. My daughter is healthy and happy so I must be doing something right! It's easy to fall into those feelings of needing to be the perfect housewife/mom when you stay at home. I've been focusing on myself a little more and learning new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment